I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee.
2Kings 20:5

PitaPata Horse tickers

Friday, March 7, 2008

I am home!

Hey I am home!!

First of all - THANK YOU everyone for all the support during and after the transplant! All of our family did so much and continue to what they can to help us get situated here-it will take some time to get used to this new life we have been given. We are new at this and will learn as we go.

I came home on Sunday. We surprised my parents by getting there earlier than expected. Bryan wanted me to be able to surprise my parents so he drove like 14 hrs sat. We left Pittsburgh Friday night at 7:30 pm and arrived in Blackfoot at 8pm on Sunday! I don't know what I would do without a man like Bryan to love and care for me.

I hope everyone realizes how much Bryan has gone through in the last 3-4 months......I can' t even imagine the emotional stress and hardache he endured. He is still anxious everyday that something can happen and he does not want to go through it again (but I know he would). He is taking very good care of me. He is able to stay home with me for a while to care for me untill things get more stable for us here in Idaho. I have already shown signs of slight rejection and I cultured Cepacia again which may cause infection and we might end up back in Pittsburgh (We'll do all we can to avoid that)

I have been trying to visit everyone.....it takes a lot of time, plus a lot of people are sick now. I am trying to avoid catching anything. We are staying with Bryan's mom right now and will need some time to decide what is best for us. We are hoping to get into a place soon - it's hard to commit with so many health concerns. Our goals, hopes and expections are so different than before my health crashed and I got the transplant. Now I want to spend as much time with Bryan as I can and I want to try to travel more. I have always wanted to go to places like Italy, New York, Africa, and perhaps tour Europe, maybe even auditon for a movie in Hollywood. My life before was full of obligation and I could always talk myself out of things. I have a practical side of me that flared up a lot! But now I have a chance to change some of those things and try to have more fun! I don't know how we will do some of those things, but it's fun to think I will be able to do them some day. For now I am able to spend time with the kids I work with at the acting school and hope this next year goes smoothly, so in a few years I can do some of the things on my list
.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I am so glad you and Bryan are home! Good luck with everything. We continue to think about you and pray for you!

Where to start to learn about my transplant!

Thank You for taking the time to read my blog. I am hoping that through this blog and my experiences that I can bring hope, faith and strength to all that may be living with Cystic Fibrosis, CF with Cepacia and Lung Transplant recipients. Information and blog entrees start Nov. 07. My Double Lung Transplant was on Dec. 10th 2007. Please feel free to read about my experience and ask me any questions! My email address is jamiebug77@gmail.com

My Story - Pause Music Player First

Popular Posts

My Testimony

It's hard to put into words how I feel toward my Heavenly Father and the Savior. I have so many reasons to be thankful for what I have gone through & endured. Because of my trials in life I have gained a strong testimony of Faith. I have always had Faith in the Lord and in Prayer. As I faced the decision to get a double lung transplant I had to rely on faith to make the choice.....By listening to the spirit, I was guided to Pittsburgh where my life was saved. I believe prayers are answered. I have always tried to follow the philosophy of this: If I do what the Lord expects of me, he will give me what I want & need. That has always worked for me. I Believe in MIRACLES..........My life on this earth is a miracle- I prayed on my knees for years to be healed from my lung disease. I knew that through a priesthood blessing (if it was God's will) I could be healed. So many times I thought he would heal me instantly...my faith was tested as I continued to get sick and no cure was in my future. I turned to prayer....I talked to my Heavenly Father, I cried to him and he heard me and he healed me by guiding me to Pittsburgh and guiding the surgeons hands. I learned humility, and thankfulness. I realized that we need others to lean on and we are supposed to strengthen each others testimonies. I learned that the hardest things we'll do are usually the greatest blessings in our life. I was able to experience a lot of things during surgery and I know I had comforting angels in my ICU room. THe Lord knows each of us by name and he will never leave our side. We need to remember to stay close to him and have Faith that he is watching over us. I know this for a fact! I know that following the gospel will bring us true happiness- the world will tell us otherwise, but I know I am truely happy & living the gospel has brought me that. Amen