I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee.
2Kings 20:5

PitaPata Horse tickers

Friday, November 20, 2009

NEW MOON

It's really great to be alive right now for several obvious reasons. When I was released from the hospital one of the things I found that made a big impact on my life post transplant were a series of books from an LDS writer. My aunt from California told me I really needed to read them just before I became sick and dying. I would have never had the opportunity to have ever read them had it not been for Divine intervention :) I didn't know anything about the books when I began reading them. But seriously, they really gave me something to be excited about and looked forward to the other book releases. I read the three that were already released and had to wait for the 4th book of the Twilight series. It was a goal I knew I wanted to live to experience. After reading the books series I began to convince everyone I knew that they needed to read the books. You can imagine my excitement when in 2008 I heard they were making a movie. . .to be released November 2008. I had a new goal to live towards. November 20th was a must live to day. I waited in a mob of teeny boppers and hormone driven teen girls and boys for over 3 hours to watch my movie. I was a little disappointed and irritated at the result. . . . When I heard a movie of the second book got the green light, they got a bigger budget and a new director that I was familiar with my hopes began to build.

November 20th, 2009 was a must live to date. . . today is here, I am here, I went to the 9:30am matinee. I really, really liked this movie more than the first. I won't complain about what I didn't like, but I did really like the Wolves, Jacob, and how accurate & well done the director interpreted the book. It was very close and entertaining. All I would say is "Less Edward and Bella and MORE Jacob PLEASE!!"

I have even read Stephenie Meyer's book "The Host" and I am happy they are also making a movie of it. How I would love to be in it :)

So as you can see I am a big fan of Stephenie. Her books are a big part of my life after transplant. They gave me something to look forward to and be excited about~ it was what I really needed.

*Hopefully one of these days I can give her a signed copy of my book and get my Twilight series books signed by her :)

Save a life * Be Someone's Hero * Be an Organ Donor

No comments:

Where to start to learn about my transplant!

Thank You for taking the time to read my blog. I am hoping that through this blog and my experiences that I can bring hope, faith and strength to all that may be living with Cystic Fibrosis, CF with Cepacia and Lung Transplant recipients. Information and blog entrees start Nov. 07. My Double Lung Transplant was on Dec. 10th 2007. Please feel free to read about my experience and ask me any questions! My email address is jamiebug77@gmail.com

My Story - Pause Music Player First

Popular Posts

My Testimony

It's hard to put into words how I feel toward my Heavenly Father and the Savior. I have so many reasons to be thankful for what I have gone through & endured. Because of my trials in life I have gained a strong testimony of Faith. I have always had Faith in the Lord and in Prayer. As I faced the decision to get a double lung transplant I had to rely on faith to make the choice.....By listening to the spirit, I was guided to Pittsburgh where my life was saved. I believe prayers are answered. I have always tried to follow the philosophy of this: If I do what the Lord expects of me, he will give me what I want & need. That has always worked for me. I Believe in MIRACLES..........My life on this earth is a miracle- I prayed on my knees for years to be healed from my lung disease. I knew that through a priesthood blessing (if it was God's will) I could be healed. So many times I thought he would heal me instantly...my faith was tested as I continued to get sick and no cure was in my future. I turned to prayer....I talked to my Heavenly Father, I cried to him and he heard me and he healed me by guiding me to Pittsburgh and guiding the surgeons hands. I learned humility, and thankfulness. I realized that we need others to lean on and we are supposed to strengthen each others testimonies. I learned that the hardest things we'll do are usually the greatest blessings in our life. I was able to experience a lot of things during surgery and I know I had comforting angels in my ICU room. THe Lord knows each of us by name and he will never leave our side. We need to remember to stay close to him and have Faith that he is watching over us. I know this for a fact! I know that following the gospel will bring us true happiness- the world will tell us otherwise, but I know I am truely happy & living the gospel has brought me that. Amen