I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee.
2Kings 20:5

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

2 years ago from today. ..


December 3rd 2007

I don't actually have a journal date for this day. I guess I was just too busy to write in it. I had just been released from the Pocatello Hospital and had to hurry home. We had a lot to get ready for that night. I was flying out to Pittsburgh for my transplant evaluation the next morning.

I had the fundraiser that family and friends in my community had planned. We were having a spaghetti feed along with a raffle of some great items donated by a lot of people. I was feeling pretty good. . .or at least acted like I did. I truly was happy to see so many people come out and support me and show me so much love. It is a humbling and special feeling. My family & Bryans family helped get it all organized and the location set. With a special thanks to Nikkii and Bryans Mom and sisters. We pre-sold tickets which Sindy had made (they looked great). I had contacted the Segway dealer in Idaho Falls and they said they would love to bring some segways down and do segway rides. We also had a friend of the family's father who was a professional auctioneer do the auction~ it was great! So many people volunteered thier time and donated money so I would be able to get new lungs. My family helped with food and setting up. Revieiving so much genuine charity is an amazing blessing in itself. It is hard to tell people you need help. . . .to ask them to help . . . and they all wanted to help and did. So many of my family members donated money, my friends in the community, business owners, absolute strangers. I couldn't believe the generosity of so many at a time when money was probably tight.

I enjoyed seeing everyone. . . .it was difficult to say goodbye as everyone left, because there was a high chance it would be the last time I saw them in this life. I know that I ran out of oxygen during the party and Bryan had to run out to the car to get a new bottle. . . .in just a minute or so, I was very distressed. I tried to hide it from everyone. ..but when you know your body is dying without the supplimental oxygen, there is really no hiding it. Panick, pure fearful panick fills your entire being. I knew that if Pittsburgh turned me down, I was going to die very soon. I was prepared to die, I was exhausted but not finished fighting. The party wound down really pretty late, by the time everything was cleaned up. The auction was great and we ran out of spaghetti. It was truly a night I will never forget. . . a real Christmas miracle. So many gave so much to save just one life. I didn't know how I was going to afford the expenses of the transplant, moving so far from home. But I knew I was doing the right thing and through Faith, I knew the Lord would provide a way. In one night he provided what we needed.

I wonder sometimes. . . .how many miracles can one be blessed with? I am not sure but I have had my fair share. I pray I may be able to see many more.

Thank You to all that gave~ I owe my life to so many and I will never forget your love and charity!

Save a life * Be Someone's Hero * Be an Organ Donor

1 comment:

Groomer Angie said...

that is just awesome, the love of people amaze me, in times of most folks being mean to one another is always so awesome to hear it going the other way.

Where to start to learn about my transplant!

Thank You for taking the time to read my blog. I am hoping that through this blog and my experiences that I can bring hope, faith and strength to all that may be living with Cystic Fibrosis, CF with Cepacia and Lung Transplant recipients. Information and blog entrees start Nov. 07. My Double Lung Transplant was on Dec. 10th 2007. Please feel free to read about my experience and ask me any questions! My email address is jamiebug77@gmail.com

My Story - Pause Music Player First

Popular Posts

My Testimony

It's hard to put into words how I feel toward my Heavenly Father and the Savior. I have so many reasons to be thankful for what I have gone through & endured. Because of my trials in life I have gained a strong testimony of Faith. I have always had Faith in the Lord and in Prayer. As I faced the decision to get a double lung transplant I had to rely on faith to make the choice.....By listening to the spirit, I was guided to Pittsburgh where my life was saved. I believe prayers are answered. I have always tried to follow the philosophy of this: If I do what the Lord expects of me, he will give me what I want & need. That has always worked for me. I Believe in MIRACLES..........My life on this earth is a miracle- I prayed on my knees for years to be healed from my lung disease. I knew that through a priesthood blessing (if it was God's will) I could be healed. So many times I thought he would heal me instantly...my faith was tested as I continued to get sick and no cure was in my future. I turned to prayer....I talked to my Heavenly Father, I cried to him and he heard me and he healed me by guiding me to Pittsburgh and guiding the surgeons hands. I learned humility, and thankfulness. I realized that we need others to lean on and we are supposed to strengthen each others testimonies. I learned that the hardest things we'll do are usually the greatest blessings in our life. I was able to experience a lot of things during surgery and I know I had comforting angels in my ICU room. THe Lord knows each of us by name and he will never leave our side. We need to remember to stay close to him and have Faith that he is watching over us. I know this for a fact! I know that following the gospel will bring us true happiness- the world will tell us otherwise, but I know I am truely happy & living the gospel has brought me that. Amen