I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee.
2Kings 20:5

PitaPata Horse tickers

Saturday, October 23, 2010

CF/Transplant Athlete

I found this tonight in a search for 'Cystic Fibrosis Athletes Blog'. I came across this blog/website and it's pretty inspiring. This is an introduction of Dottie that I got from her website:


"Over the past 16 years Dottie Lessard has proven to the world that organ transplants do work! She underwent a life saving double lung transplant in 1994 and an equally critical kidney transplant in 2002.

At 6 weeks old, Dottie was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis and doctors told her parents not to expect her to live past 2 years of age. When Dottie reached 2 years old, doctors told her parents she would not make it to first grade. Dottie had a better idea. Today, at 43, Dottie is one ferocious athlete with an insatiable appetite for life with every intention to compete in athletics and in life at the highest level possible. She has defied all odds. Dottie has won several Gold Medals in the U.S. Transplant Games, carried the Olympic Torch through Boston and has been acclaimed as one of Boston’s Exceptional Women of the Year. Bryant Gumble of HBO Real Sports featured Dottie on his show after following her for two years while Runner’s World Magazine honored her with their prestigious “Heroes of Running Award”. She has been featured in other sports magazines as a “Top Inspirational Athlete”.
Dottie considers it a miracle to be alive and today and with all she has done, Dottie is most proud of her six year old son Liam. She is a Personal Empowerment Coach, Nike Athlete, author and life inspiration to all she meets. Her first book was released with high praise on May 26, 2010 titled ”Seven Letters That Saved My Life” (available on www.amazon.com & www.barnesandnoble.com )

She has co-founded Whole-Body Wellbeing: www.wholebodywellbeing.com to help Empower others with experience, knowledge and tools to help them create their own success and reach their own goals and dreams. Her goal is to LIVE LIFE FULLY and do all she can to help others do the same!"

You can check her website out by clicking HERE
You can also check out her other website/blog HERE
Photobucket
Save a Life* Be Someone's Hero* Be an Organ Donor

No comments:

Where to start to learn about my transplant!

Thank You for taking the time to read my blog. I am hoping that through this blog and my experiences that I can bring hope, faith and strength to all that may be living with Cystic Fibrosis, CF with Cepacia and Lung Transplant recipients. Information and blog entrees start Nov. 07. My Double Lung Transplant was on Dec. 10th 2007. Please feel free to read about my experience and ask me any questions! My email address is jamiebug77@gmail.com

My Story - Pause Music Player First

Popular Posts

My Testimony

It's hard to put into words how I feel toward my Heavenly Father and the Savior. I have so many reasons to be thankful for what I have gone through & endured. Because of my trials in life I have gained a strong testimony of Faith. I have always had Faith in the Lord and in Prayer. As I faced the decision to get a double lung transplant I had to rely on faith to make the choice.....By listening to the spirit, I was guided to Pittsburgh where my life was saved. I believe prayers are answered. I have always tried to follow the philosophy of this: If I do what the Lord expects of me, he will give me what I want & need. That has always worked for me. I Believe in MIRACLES..........My life on this earth is a miracle- I prayed on my knees for years to be healed from my lung disease. I knew that through a priesthood blessing (if it was God's will) I could be healed. So many times I thought he would heal me instantly...my faith was tested as I continued to get sick and no cure was in my future. I turned to prayer....I talked to my Heavenly Father, I cried to him and he heard me and he healed me by guiding me to Pittsburgh and guiding the surgeons hands. I learned humility, and thankfulness. I realized that we need others to lean on and we are supposed to strengthen each others testimonies. I learned that the hardest things we'll do are usually the greatest blessings in our life. I was able to experience a lot of things during surgery and I know I had comforting angels in my ICU room. THe Lord knows each of us by name and he will never leave our side. We need to remember to stay close to him and have Faith that he is watching over us. I know this for a fact! I know that following the gospel will bring us true happiness- the world will tell us otherwise, but I know I am truely happy & living the gospel has brought me that. Amen