I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee.
2Kings 20:5

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Idaho May 2012

I just had a really great weekend! Unfortunately it wasn't all good news. We had to throw our weekend bags together, load up the car and get Bella's things together so we could drive 20 straight hours to Idaho. We drove all night Friday night and most of Saturday on our way to Idaho. Bryan got the call Thursday night that his Grandpa Jones had passed into the next life. Grandpa Jones was 88 yrs old. and lived an amazing and fulfilling life. I enjoyed listening to his life sketch at his "Celebration of Life". I don't care for the word "funeral" I think a celebration of life is more appropriate and fitting.

We arrived in Idaho Saturday and from that moment on our weekend seemed a blur. The beautiful snow capped mountains and the fresh country air just about brought me to tears, maybe one or two escaped the corner of my eyes. No matter how long or how far away from "HOME" I am, going home is just a little slice of heaven. When we arrived at my sister's house I was greated by a HUGE smile on my niece's face as she ran towards me and jumped into a hug. She is getting so big and I realized how much I miss living so far away. Bodi is such a doll and despite coming down the stairs after removing his stinky diaper, he was dirty and it was obvious he was upset that he could not clean himself up with wet wipes. . .he is so much like I was when I was his age. I HATED being dirty and I was very particular.

We didn't arrive in Idaho until noon or later on Saturday, and despite only getting about 3-4 hours of sleep Bryan took me to the Second Chance Prom that the local radio station hosts every year. My sister borrowed me a beautiful dress and did my hair and the four of us enjoyed laughing all night and dancing until my feet terribly. Memories like these are worth more than money can buy.

 Bryan's family has grown by several new nieces and nephews and Bryan had 2 years worth of catching up to do. We hope to never let that much time pass again before we are both home. I cannot emotionally stay away from home that long. It had been 8 months since I was home last and that was too long for me! I only had 3 days to spend with family and I fortunately got 2 rides in with Pixydust! She was beautiful and I savored every minute of it.
The rides were short and sweet since I had to sort of sneak them in between family gatherings and the arrangements for Bryan's Grandpa. But I'll take 2 short rides and quick visits with loved ones. . .it was all worth the 40+ hours of driving. 
Photobucket  Save a Life...Be Someone's Hero...    
Be An Organ Donor!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I get like that too. Last time I was home, when I left my SIL and niece followed my Jeep up the road and as I turned the corner and waved bye I started crying. I miss my niece and nephew so much! But I know that I treasure the time I DO get with them even more being away. And that HUGE HUG when they see you? OMG its like heaven in a ball just for you! BEST feeling in the world!!! Nothing beats being an aunt.

Sorry to hear about Bryan's grandpa. I will keep the family in my heart <3

Where to start to learn about my transplant!

Thank You for taking the time to read my blog. I am hoping that through this blog and my experiences that I can bring hope, faith and strength to all that may be living with Cystic Fibrosis, CF with Cepacia and Lung Transplant recipients. Information and blog entrees start Nov. 07. My Double Lung Transplant was on Dec. 10th 2007. Please feel free to read about my experience and ask me any questions! My email address is jamiebug77@gmail.com

My Story - Pause Music Player First

Popular Posts

My Testimony

It's hard to put into words how I feel toward my Heavenly Father and the Savior. I have so many reasons to be thankful for what I have gone through & endured. Because of my trials in life I have gained a strong testimony of Faith. I have always had Faith in the Lord and in Prayer. As I faced the decision to get a double lung transplant I had to rely on faith to make the choice.....By listening to the spirit, I was guided to Pittsburgh where my life was saved. I believe prayers are answered. I have always tried to follow the philosophy of this: If I do what the Lord expects of me, he will give me what I want & need. That has always worked for me. I Believe in MIRACLES..........My life on this earth is a miracle- I prayed on my knees for years to be healed from my lung disease. I knew that through a priesthood blessing (if it was God's will) I could be healed. So many times I thought he would heal me instantly...my faith was tested as I continued to get sick and no cure was in my future. I turned to prayer....I talked to my Heavenly Father, I cried to him and he heard me and he healed me by guiding me to Pittsburgh and guiding the surgeons hands. I learned humility, and thankfulness. I realized that we need others to lean on and we are supposed to strengthen each others testimonies. I learned that the hardest things we'll do are usually the greatest blessings in our life. I was able to experience a lot of things during surgery and I know I had comforting angels in my ICU room. THe Lord knows each of us by name and he will never leave our side. We need to remember to stay close to him and have Faith that he is watching over us. I know this for a fact! I know that following the gospel will bring us true happiness- the world will tell us otherwise, but I know I am truely happy & living the gospel has brought me that. Amen