I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee.
2Kings 20:5

PitaPata Horse tickers

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sound Familiar?

Medicated 1 Pictures, Images and PhotosI have read up on side effects of all the drugs I take. Anyone Post Transplant can probably relate at some level. . . maybe not. I try to be real on my blog. It does go against my instinct and personality. Lately, though I am not always sure what personality I am going to be from day to day. This is one of the trade offs I live with. Transplant life is over all wonderful, but life on all the medication is not.

I am a happy person, or so I think. Most people know me that way. I wouldn't say I am a different person, but even Bryan has mentioned things that have changed in me a little. There are days I have to force myself to get out of bed, to go outside of the apartment and to think positive things about myself. There are days I am hopeful, excited about what life has ahead of me and other days I fight the urge to feel defeated and anxious. Almost every night I am wide awake and my mind is racing yet all day I have been lethargic. Any of this sound familiar? I struggle to not over react to little things or to be happy for others. I used to be easy going, outgoing, not much bothered me and I had a temper fuse that seemed to burn forever before I got upset. I see that person once in a while, but not as often as I like.




Like I've said before, I have days where I feel like 'bubbly Jamie', but now I am bubbly Jamie who can become sad and discouraged easily. What do I think is causing this? Frankly, Medications. The exact medications that cause these personality changes are also keeping me alive and healthy, so I have learned to recognize and deal with them. No one ever promised me life would be the same as before transplant, there is just no way it can be. These last 2.5 years are SERIOUSLY the first time in my life I have had to deal with mood swings, insomnia, depression, unpredictable sadness and anxiety. I overcome it with out adding more medications to the mix. I am surprised I actually do so well. Maybe others cope as well or even better. I just want to share what my life is like. . . it's easy to paint a well adjusted, happy, optimistic picture of my life post transplant but that would be a little white lie. Most of us who are faced with the decision to transplant or those of us that chose transplant know that life is not a fairy tale. There are the days we want to bite into the poisonous apple and possibly the same day we will dance through enchanted forests and sing.

Prednisone, Prograf, and Bactrim are the ones I suspect have a hand in all this. It's a love/hate relationship that I welcome with open arms. I can't do more than learn to recognize and counter balance my life. I am actually hoping some of this evens out a little better when Bryan is done with school and the feeling of loneliness is reduced.

I am fighting the urge to delete this post and blog about 'how great life is' because my "Jamie" optimism and positive attitude can hardly stand allowing me to type this. Hahaha, I am a control freak when it comes to myself. I feel like I am battling multiple wars at the same time. So far I consider myself slightly wounded yet victorious~
Photobucket
Save a Life* Be Someone's Hero* Be an Organ Donor

1 comment:

Cammi said...

Hang in there, Jamie! Things will change for you once Bryan finishes school and you feel more "settled" - it's definitely hard to be in that "in-between" stage. You're doing great, though - the ASL classes sound really interesting. What an awesome SERVICE - ORIENTED skill to have. Kudos to you!

Where to start to learn about my transplant!

Thank You for taking the time to read my blog. I am hoping that through this blog and my experiences that I can bring hope, faith and strength to all that may be living with Cystic Fibrosis, CF with Cepacia and Lung Transplant recipients. Information and blog entrees start Nov. 07. My Double Lung Transplant was on Dec. 10th 2007. Please feel free to read about my experience and ask me any questions! My email address is jamiebug77@gmail.com

My Story - Pause Music Player First

Popular Posts

My Testimony

It's hard to put into words how I feel toward my Heavenly Father and the Savior. I have so many reasons to be thankful for what I have gone through & endured. Because of my trials in life I have gained a strong testimony of Faith. I have always had Faith in the Lord and in Prayer. As I faced the decision to get a double lung transplant I had to rely on faith to make the choice.....By listening to the spirit, I was guided to Pittsburgh where my life was saved. I believe prayers are answered. I have always tried to follow the philosophy of this: If I do what the Lord expects of me, he will give me what I want & need. That has always worked for me. I Believe in MIRACLES..........My life on this earth is a miracle- I prayed on my knees for years to be healed from my lung disease. I knew that through a priesthood blessing (if it was God's will) I could be healed. So many times I thought he would heal me instantly...my faith was tested as I continued to get sick and no cure was in my future. I turned to prayer....I talked to my Heavenly Father, I cried to him and he heard me and he healed me by guiding me to Pittsburgh and guiding the surgeons hands. I learned humility, and thankfulness. I realized that we need others to lean on and we are supposed to strengthen each others testimonies. I learned that the hardest things we'll do are usually the greatest blessings in our life. I was able to experience a lot of things during surgery and I know I had comforting angels in my ICU room. THe Lord knows each of us by name and he will never leave our side. We need to remember to stay close to him and have Faith that he is watching over us. I know this for a fact! I know that following the gospel will bring us true happiness- the world will tell us otherwise, but I know I am truely happy & living the gospel has brought me that. Amen