I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee.
2Kings 20:5

PitaPata Horse tickers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

CF took them

Considering I am only in my very early 30's I have had many close friends die. Because today is meant to be a day to remember those who have passed before us, this post is for all my 'fallen soldiers'.

CF camp brought me many things. The most treasured things were my friendships and relationships with other CFers. We were all in the war against Cystic Fibrosis. We all had our hardships, our sickness and more importantly our happiness. I still have many friends that because of the social networking of the internet, I am still in contact with.

However, those that lost their lives to CF are never forgotten and all that they brought to this world is truly something to be celebrated! For every smile, giggle and laugh. . .I thank them. For every lesson they taught me, I thank them. For the example, strength and inspiration they shared with me, I thank them. For being pioneers in the medical advances made with CF in the last 31 years of my life, I thank them. For all the memories we had together. . . I miss them. We all participated in drug studies, and many other studies all with the hope of a cure to be found. These are a few of my fallen heroes:
Shelly Copp
Aaron Mackey
Kristi Merritt
Melissa Ferguson
Charlton Palmer
Perrin Campbell
Becky Campbell
Craig Hanson
Stacey Scruggs
Marie Shepard
Dave Shepard

*There are many, many more. . .Those are just a few. Everyone on that list was younger than 40, most younger than 30 and yes. . .a few who never saw 20. I like this saying and I think it really captures what I am wanting to say.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go...
Some people stay awhile...And leave footprints on our hearts
And we are never, ever the same

I am so thankful for all who I have been blessed with to know. Those who may have left us to be with our Heavenly Father will be waiting and we will be united together once again. They helped shape us, teach us and loved us. I remember the good times, and I remember the hard times because each one of them was an amazing and strong person. Remembering them is how we can immortalize them.
Photobucket
Save a Life* Be Someone's Hero* Be an Organ Donor

1 comment:

Nancy said...

What a beautiful post, Jamie! They certainly were heroes and their lives brought joy to those around them. What a special place they have in heaven!

Life is such a gift, one that most people forget to treasure. Our CF has given us the opportunity to treasure every moment, we have lived through the worst and can celebrate the health that so many take for granted!

I love you so much, dear friend, and thank God that you came into my life! Nancy

Where to start to learn about my transplant!

Thank You for taking the time to read my blog. I am hoping that through this blog and my experiences that I can bring hope, faith and strength to all that may be living with Cystic Fibrosis, CF with Cepacia and Lung Transplant recipients. Information and blog entrees start Nov. 07. My Double Lung Transplant was on Dec. 10th 2007. Please feel free to read about my experience and ask me any questions! My email address is jamiebug77@gmail.com

My Story - Pause Music Player First

Popular Posts

My Testimony

It's hard to put into words how I feel toward my Heavenly Father and the Savior. I have so many reasons to be thankful for what I have gone through & endured. Because of my trials in life I have gained a strong testimony of Faith. I have always had Faith in the Lord and in Prayer. As I faced the decision to get a double lung transplant I had to rely on faith to make the choice.....By listening to the spirit, I was guided to Pittsburgh where my life was saved. I believe prayers are answered. I have always tried to follow the philosophy of this: If I do what the Lord expects of me, he will give me what I want & need. That has always worked for me. I Believe in MIRACLES..........My life on this earth is a miracle- I prayed on my knees for years to be healed from my lung disease. I knew that through a priesthood blessing (if it was God's will) I could be healed. So many times I thought he would heal me instantly...my faith was tested as I continued to get sick and no cure was in my future. I turned to prayer....I talked to my Heavenly Father, I cried to him and he heard me and he healed me by guiding me to Pittsburgh and guiding the surgeons hands. I learned humility, and thankfulness. I realized that we need others to lean on and we are supposed to strengthen each others testimonies. I learned that the hardest things we'll do are usually the greatest blessings in our life. I was able to experience a lot of things during surgery and I know I had comforting angels in my ICU room. THe Lord knows each of us by name and he will never leave our side. We need to remember to stay close to him and have Faith that he is watching over us. I know this for a fact! I know that following the gospel will bring us true happiness- the world will tell us otherwise, but I know I am truely happy & living the gospel has brought me that. Amen