I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee.
2Kings 20:5

PitaPata Horse tickers

Monday, June 21, 2010

Sunday Sunshine: Fathers Day

*I had a great thought! Sunday will be designated as the day I post "spiritual" thoughts, ideas, scriptures or just share spiritual experiences of mine or other great uplifting, heartwarming stories. Sunday just feels like an appropriate day. So watch for "Sunday Sunshine".  From Now On!

Today is the "official" day to recognized and show our love and devotion to our fathers. Father's day is bitter sweet for me just as mothers day is. I get upset when I look at what a great man Bryan is. . . and how I wish I could make him a father. I know Bryan would be a wonderful, fun, caring father. However, there is nothing I can do to change that right now, and focusing on it will lead to self destructive thoughts. I read a post from a friend of mine's blog and it inspired me. . .it helped me realize who I should really be thinking about today.

My Heavenly Father has blessed me with all the wonderful things in my life. He has also given me trials and challenges to make me stronger. He has given me tender moments where I can be vulnerable and humble. I cannot think of the things he has done for me and not be overwhelmed with the spirit of love. My Heavenly Father loves me more than anyone else. A love so pure that I cannot begin to comprehend it.

So today I Thank my Heavenly Father
I thank him for the wonderful father he gave me here on earth. I thank him for my Mother and her determined love to keep me alive and happy. I am thankful for the many times that my life has been spared so that I may learn and grow in this mortal life.

I am thankful for being blessed with Cystic Fibrosis  and for the person that it helped me to become. For the people it brought into my life. For the pain that made me strong.

Thank You most of all for my wonderful husband and eternal companion. Bryan is more amazing than many people may ever know, even myself. Thank you for sending him to care for me, protect me, and love me so much. He shows me so much compassion, patience and love everyday.

Thank You for listening and hearing my prayers. Thank you for taking my burden away when I was no longer able to carry it. Thank You for giving me the time I needed to search my soul, and strengthen my testimony. Thank You for knowing me so well.

Thank you for teaching me to have values, morals, love, compassion and a sense of humor. Thank you for all the beautiful talents that I have been given. Thank you for loving me for who I am. . . ..

But most important Thank you for seeing past my flaws, my sins and forgiving me. Thank you for giving the world your Son, so that I can return to be with you again.
Jesus and Heavenly father speaking to the young Joseph Smith in the Sacred Grove Pictures, Images and Photos

Happy Father's Day to my Earthly Father and my Heavenly Father.

Photobucket
Save a Life* Be Someone's Hero* Be an Organ Donor

1 comment:

Sherri said...

You said it all so beautifully--all I can say is ditto! We are truly blessed by a loving Heavenly Father.

Where to start to learn about my transplant!

Thank You for taking the time to read my blog. I am hoping that through this blog and my experiences that I can bring hope, faith and strength to all that may be living with Cystic Fibrosis, CF with Cepacia and Lung Transplant recipients. Information and blog entrees start Nov. 07. My Double Lung Transplant was on Dec. 10th 2007. Please feel free to read about my experience and ask me any questions! My email address is jamiebug77@gmail.com

My Story - Pause Music Player First

Popular Posts

My Testimony

It's hard to put into words how I feel toward my Heavenly Father and the Savior. I have so many reasons to be thankful for what I have gone through & endured. Because of my trials in life I have gained a strong testimony of Faith. I have always had Faith in the Lord and in Prayer. As I faced the decision to get a double lung transplant I had to rely on faith to make the choice.....By listening to the spirit, I was guided to Pittsburgh where my life was saved. I believe prayers are answered. I have always tried to follow the philosophy of this: If I do what the Lord expects of me, he will give me what I want & need. That has always worked for me. I Believe in MIRACLES..........My life on this earth is a miracle- I prayed on my knees for years to be healed from my lung disease. I knew that through a priesthood blessing (if it was God's will) I could be healed. So many times I thought he would heal me instantly...my faith was tested as I continued to get sick and no cure was in my future. I turned to prayer....I talked to my Heavenly Father, I cried to him and he heard me and he healed me by guiding me to Pittsburgh and guiding the surgeons hands. I learned humility, and thankfulness. I realized that we need others to lean on and we are supposed to strengthen each others testimonies. I learned that the hardest things we'll do are usually the greatest blessings in our life. I was able to experience a lot of things during surgery and I know I had comforting angels in my ICU room. THe Lord knows each of us by name and he will never leave our side. We need to remember to stay close to him and have Faith that he is watching over us. I know this for a fact! I know that following the gospel will bring us true happiness- the world will tell us otherwise, but I know I am truely happy & living the gospel has brought me that. Amen