I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee.
2Kings 20:5

PitaPata Horse tickers

Friday, September 24, 2010

Does it feel wierd to have someone else's lungs??

This is just one of many other questions that I answer on a pretty regular basis. In fact just the other day I had the privilege to meet and talk about my transplant to a a man named John, who is on Oxygen and dying due to COPD. He had not looked into getting a transplant because he had heard so many misconceptions and inaccurate facts about lung transplantation. It was all a pretty incredible coincidence (if you believe things are just that) however, I really believe God guided us both to a common person who put John in touch with me.

Among MANY questions he had for me one was "Does it feel weird having someone's lungs inside you?" Of course the answer is no, it doesn't feel any different than my own. .wait, It feels natural but 200% improved than my old ones. As I listened to his concerns and questions among the flat out wrong information he was told, it made me realize how scary the thought of lung transplant is AND was for me too.

I am thankful that through my story and my living testimony of the miracle of lung transplants I can help others. . . .

The questions I had pre-transplant were life expectancy afterward, dying on the surgery table, rejection, cost, pain, would it be worth it?, and what do I have to live for. Another question that I felt I needed to really understand was "Am I spiritually prepared to meet God if this surgery does not happen?" also "Do I have enough Faith to go through with it?" All of those questions I sorted out through prayer and found myself strengthened and prepared to face the hardest thing I had ever done in my entire life.

My new friend John has called me several times. I helped him find phone numbers to the closest transplant centers and he has since talked with a coordinator. . . he was kind enough to share his gratitude and I am so happy to have been able to help him. I don't claim to know much, but I try to share my hope and determination with others. John said I have gave him hope. . . that makes my whole journey worth it! I may never become a famous film actress, but I do know that my life has helped at least one man and that is worth it.

Photobucket
Save a Life* Be Someone's Hero* Be an Organ Donor

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Wonderful! Hope shared is powerful.

I have many of the same questions going through my mind that you listed. It helps me to realize my thoughts and concerns are normal.

Where to start to learn about my transplant!

Thank You for taking the time to read my blog. I am hoping that through this blog and my experiences that I can bring hope, faith and strength to all that may be living with Cystic Fibrosis, CF with Cepacia and Lung Transplant recipients. Information and blog entrees start Nov. 07. My Double Lung Transplant was on Dec. 10th 2007. Please feel free to read about my experience and ask me any questions! My email address is jamiebug77@gmail.com

My Story - Pause Music Player First

Popular Posts

My Testimony

It's hard to put into words how I feel toward my Heavenly Father and the Savior. I have so many reasons to be thankful for what I have gone through & endured. Because of my trials in life I have gained a strong testimony of Faith. I have always had Faith in the Lord and in Prayer. As I faced the decision to get a double lung transplant I had to rely on faith to make the choice.....By listening to the spirit, I was guided to Pittsburgh where my life was saved. I believe prayers are answered. I have always tried to follow the philosophy of this: If I do what the Lord expects of me, he will give me what I want & need. That has always worked for me. I Believe in MIRACLES..........My life on this earth is a miracle- I prayed on my knees for years to be healed from my lung disease. I knew that through a priesthood blessing (if it was God's will) I could be healed. So many times I thought he would heal me instantly...my faith was tested as I continued to get sick and no cure was in my future. I turned to prayer....I talked to my Heavenly Father, I cried to him and he heard me and he healed me by guiding me to Pittsburgh and guiding the surgeons hands. I learned humility, and thankfulness. I realized that we need others to lean on and we are supposed to strengthen each others testimonies. I learned that the hardest things we'll do are usually the greatest blessings in our life. I was able to experience a lot of things during surgery and I know I had comforting angels in my ICU room. THe Lord knows each of us by name and he will never leave our side. We need to remember to stay close to him and have Faith that he is watching over us. I know this for a fact! I know that following the gospel will bring us true happiness- the world will tell us otherwise, but I know I am truely happy & living the gospel has brought me that. Amen