I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee.
2Kings 20:5

PitaPata Horse tickers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My 'real' Christmas wish list

This time of year is a celebration of the Saviors birth. Our savior was born so that we could return to our Heavenly Father. His life and sacrifice was truly a gift to all of us. It also makes me think of the sacrifice a family made for me. My donor family. My donor who was a part of my Christmas Miracle 3 years ago. I love a woman I have never met more than her family may ever know. Being an Organ Donor is the true gift of selflessness. Merry Christmas to all the Organ Donor's and their families! May the Lord shower them with blessings for giving others the gift of life.

Here is my "REAL" Christmas wish list:
*Everyone makes the choice to be Organ Donor, so when they no longer need their body, they will save many others in need.
*May a cure be found for Cystic Fibrosis, so that children living with CF will never need a transplant
*For my Donor Family to know how much I love them. Some day I do hope to hear from them.
*My biggest wish is that me and my donor's lungs can continue to live many, many more years in perfect harmony! Thank You donor, friend, Hero, sister, angel. . .you are all these things to me. You not only gave me the gift of life and breath, but you gave me many amazing years to spend with my true love. Merry Christmas!!

...........UPDATE ON SUSANNE.............................................
In case any of you out there are wondering about Susanne who is in Pittsburgh recovering from her transplant I have good news! Well, it's been a tough recovery, as most of us lung transplant recipients know. She has had some bad days and her 'even worse' days. . .but hopefully those are behind her. She seems to be doing a little better. I found out that she has a caring bridge website and her mother Pam is updating it very often! So if you would like to get to know more about Susanne and her journey you can check click on this link: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/susanneheck You might have to set up an account if you don't have one, but you might not have to. I did.

Photobucket
Save a Life* Be Someone's Hero* Be an Organ Donor

No comments:

Where to start to learn about my transplant!

Thank You for taking the time to read my blog. I am hoping that through this blog and my experiences that I can bring hope, faith and strength to all that may be living with Cystic Fibrosis, CF with Cepacia and Lung Transplant recipients. Information and blog entrees start Nov. 07. My Double Lung Transplant was on Dec. 10th 2007. Please feel free to read about my experience and ask me any questions! My email address is jamiebug77@gmail.com

My Story - Pause Music Player First

Popular Posts

My Testimony

It's hard to put into words how I feel toward my Heavenly Father and the Savior. I have so many reasons to be thankful for what I have gone through & endured. Because of my trials in life I have gained a strong testimony of Faith. I have always had Faith in the Lord and in Prayer. As I faced the decision to get a double lung transplant I had to rely on faith to make the choice.....By listening to the spirit, I was guided to Pittsburgh where my life was saved. I believe prayers are answered. I have always tried to follow the philosophy of this: If I do what the Lord expects of me, he will give me what I want & need. That has always worked for me. I Believe in MIRACLES..........My life on this earth is a miracle- I prayed on my knees for years to be healed from my lung disease. I knew that through a priesthood blessing (if it was God's will) I could be healed. So many times I thought he would heal me instantly...my faith was tested as I continued to get sick and no cure was in my future. I turned to prayer....I talked to my Heavenly Father, I cried to him and he heard me and he healed me by guiding me to Pittsburgh and guiding the surgeons hands. I learned humility, and thankfulness. I realized that we need others to lean on and we are supposed to strengthen each others testimonies. I learned that the hardest things we'll do are usually the greatest blessings in our life. I was able to experience a lot of things during surgery and I know I had comforting angels in my ICU room. THe Lord knows each of us by name and he will never leave our side. We need to remember to stay close to him and have Faith that he is watching over us. I know this for a fact! I know that following the gospel will bring us true happiness- the world will tell us otherwise, but I know I am truely happy & living the gospel has brought me that. Amen