I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee.
2Kings 20:5

PitaPata Horse tickers

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bug Hug. . .launch!

February is my month! I'm going to really get things rolling with my "Bug Hug" project. . .I'm hoping to have one "Bug Hug" ready to take to Pittsburgh with me when I go this spring (April-ish). I will try to make a blanket unless someone wants to make one and send it as a donation. Also I would love ANY resaurant gift cards (any amnount) if you can afford to donate one. These are for the patients and their families to help them with the costs of meals while they are recovering from the transplant. I think it will be easy to make my first one for a "female" that way I can know to get a s/m robe and cute socks, lotions. . etc.  I would like to include some kind of fancy electronic ie: ipad, ipod touch, tablet, or a cheap laptop.
 I will sit down and make an official list of things I would like to have in my duffel bags and if you see something you would like to donate please let me know and I'll give you the address to send it to. Also Visa Cash cards would be great to include & can help us buy things we didn't get donated. I'm hoping to get in contact with someone who may know how to get this foundation set up as a 501c so your donations can hopefully be tax deductable.

These are also options that will be available: Sponsers for a "bug hug" a filled duffle bag will be given in the sponser's name and mentioned as a sponser on my website Jamiebug.com when I get that dedicated to mainly this project :) I have a vision of this and I think it could be really great!! Hopefully we are able to get at least one "Bug Hug" to most of the large transplant centers by the end of the year.

Also Tribute's will be available: You may sponser a "bug hug" in memory of  a loved one or to HONOR a Recipient/Donor name to honor them. We will include your tributes story (if provided) and the gift duffle will be given in their name.

Like I said I will start to put together the VERY FIRST one starting in February.  I will get a duffel bag and start there. Email me if you are interested in donating something to be put in it :)

~Jamiebug!

These are just a few ideas I have brewing in my head. I would love to get a couple done and given away and hopefully raise interest and support for more!

Photobucket

  Save a Life...Be Someone's Hero...  
 Be An Organ Donor!

4 comments:

bo said...

Let us know when you're in Pittsburgh. Maybe we can meet up in Cleveland again. It was fun last time!

Unknown said...

That is such a cool idea! Good luck with all of that. I know they will really appreciate it!

Also, I gave you a fun award on my blog. Here is the link: http://kayla-onebreath.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-blog-award.html

how to do things said...

Bug-hugging is the event of developers maintaining glitches allocated to themselves without actually doing anything to fix them.

Jamie said...

What a fantastic idea! I would love to donate some things so let me know what and where to send it! I love reading your blog and gave you the Liebster Award on my blog you can check it out here http://letmefly-jamie.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-award.html

Where to start to learn about my transplant!

Thank You for taking the time to read my blog. I am hoping that through this blog and my experiences that I can bring hope, faith and strength to all that may be living with Cystic Fibrosis, CF with Cepacia and Lung Transplant recipients. Information and blog entrees start Nov. 07. My Double Lung Transplant was on Dec. 10th 2007. Please feel free to read about my experience and ask me any questions! My email address is jamiebug77@gmail.com

My Story - Pause Music Player First

Popular Posts

My Testimony

It's hard to put into words how I feel toward my Heavenly Father and the Savior. I have so many reasons to be thankful for what I have gone through & endured. Because of my trials in life I have gained a strong testimony of Faith. I have always had Faith in the Lord and in Prayer. As I faced the decision to get a double lung transplant I had to rely on faith to make the choice.....By listening to the spirit, I was guided to Pittsburgh where my life was saved. I believe prayers are answered. I have always tried to follow the philosophy of this: If I do what the Lord expects of me, he will give me what I want & need. That has always worked for me. I Believe in MIRACLES..........My life on this earth is a miracle- I prayed on my knees for years to be healed from my lung disease. I knew that through a priesthood blessing (if it was God's will) I could be healed. So many times I thought he would heal me instantly...my faith was tested as I continued to get sick and no cure was in my future. I turned to prayer....I talked to my Heavenly Father, I cried to him and he heard me and he healed me by guiding me to Pittsburgh and guiding the surgeons hands. I learned humility, and thankfulness. I realized that we need others to lean on and we are supposed to strengthen each others testimonies. I learned that the hardest things we'll do are usually the greatest blessings in our life. I was able to experience a lot of things during surgery and I know I had comforting angels in my ICU room. THe Lord knows each of us by name and he will never leave our side. We need to remember to stay close to him and have Faith that he is watching over us. I know this for a fact! I know that following the gospel will bring us true happiness- the world will tell us otherwise, but I know I am truely happy & living the gospel has brought me that. Amen