I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee.
2Kings 20:5

PitaPata Horse tickers

Monday, October 22, 2012

Pittsburgh Nov 7th

  It's been just about 2.5 years since I last went to Pittsburgh for a Post Transplant follow up Clinic. I am amazed and humbled that my health and my beautiful lungs have treated me so well for so long. I figured 2.5 years is long enough. . .not to mention I miss seeing my doctor and coordinators.

Pittsburgh is one of our biggest medical expenses. It's going to cost us over $1K possibly more. We are flying 'stand by' since that is the cheapest way for us to fly. It can be stressful for me because I don't handle the stress of not knowing whether we'll get a seat on the flight or not and if we don't I don't handle being stuck in an airport waiting for the next chance to "maybe" get a seat on the next flight. But I am hoping we'll get right on and be one our way to Pittsburgh. I'll have my bloodwork, PFT's and a CT scan on Thursday November 8th and on Friday I guess they'll decide whether to do a Bronch or not. I am just about a month and a half away from being 5 years post transplant!! I'm so excited to be so healthy and be able to celebrate such a HUGE milestone.

Many hospitals refused to even evaluate me or consider me a candidate for a lung transplant because they felt like I was too" high risk" and the University Of Utah hospital told me I wouldn't live much more than possibly months post transplant and that I should just get my affairs in order and prepare to die. Man I am sooooo glad I didn't listen to that guy! Here I am living life and enjoying every breath almost 5 years later. I have done some incredible things, met some incredible people and I still have a lot of plans in my life to continue living my dreams.

Anyways. . . I would like to sell some decals and bracelets to help cover some of the cost. I have saved some money in paypal that has been donated to me over the last year. . . . but believe me it's no where close to the thousand dollars it's going to cost me. Any donation will help. We have the money for our tickets and we are going to be reserving our hotel room soon. We'll have to have a rental car as well while we are there & money for food. So if you want a decal or a bracelet or perhaps even a some scrapbooking done I'll do it! Just donate through my paypal bottom at the bottom of my blog or click HERE and message me at jamiebug77@gmail.com and let me know what I can make for you. I might do some airbrushing and auction it off. . . if I get time. I'm so busy helping my family with the spook alley that I barely find time for myself. lol.

PhotobucketSave a Life...Be Someone's Hero...    Be An Organ Donor!

No comments:

Where to start to learn about my transplant!

Thank You for taking the time to read my blog. I am hoping that through this blog and my experiences that I can bring hope, faith and strength to all that may be living with Cystic Fibrosis, CF with Cepacia and Lung Transplant recipients. Information and blog entrees start Nov. 07. My Double Lung Transplant was on Dec. 10th 2007. Please feel free to read about my experience and ask me any questions! My email address is jamiebug77@gmail.com

My Story - Pause Music Player First

Popular Posts

My Testimony

It's hard to put into words how I feel toward my Heavenly Father and the Savior. I have so many reasons to be thankful for what I have gone through & endured. Because of my trials in life I have gained a strong testimony of Faith. I have always had Faith in the Lord and in Prayer. As I faced the decision to get a double lung transplant I had to rely on faith to make the choice.....By listening to the spirit, I was guided to Pittsburgh where my life was saved. I believe prayers are answered. I have always tried to follow the philosophy of this: If I do what the Lord expects of me, he will give me what I want & need. That has always worked for me. I Believe in MIRACLES..........My life on this earth is a miracle- I prayed on my knees for years to be healed from my lung disease. I knew that through a priesthood blessing (if it was God's will) I could be healed. So many times I thought he would heal me instantly...my faith was tested as I continued to get sick and no cure was in my future. I turned to prayer....I talked to my Heavenly Father, I cried to him and he heard me and he healed me by guiding me to Pittsburgh and guiding the surgeons hands. I learned humility, and thankfulness. I realized that we need others to lean on and we are supposed to strengthen each others testimonies. I learned that the hardest things we'll do are usually the greatest blessings in our life. I was able to experience a lot of things during surgery and I know I had comforting angels in my ICU room. THe Lord knows each of us by name and he will never leave our side. We need to remember to stay close to him and have Faith that he is watching over us. I know this for a fact! I know that following the gospel will bring us true happiness- the world will tell us otherwise, but I know I am truely happy & living the gospel has brought me that. Amen