I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee.
2Kings 20:5

PitaPata Horse tickers

Monday, February 23, 2015

Update on my BUGHUG project!

My last post was a little "heavy" but I've always promised my readers I would be honest and explore all the aspects of what life is like after my transplant ;) BUT today I want to do an update on my project 'Jamiebug's BUGHUG'. Http://www.JamieBug.com I also have a FB page. Feel free to look it up and share it if you want.

I have just completed putting together the 6th...yes 6th bughug bag! It will be mailed out to a very special and strong young woman who has been waiting for new lungs for a very long time. 
Bag#1 went to a young woman from PA who is now celebrating 2 years with her new lungs
Bag#2 went to a sweet young woman who has since gained her angel wings <3
Bag#3 went to a young woman who celebrated her one year transplantiversary DEC 12th she's since ran a 5k and a triathlon! She's just an amazing woman :) 
Bag#4 was a very special bag...my sweet cousin chose do put together a bughug bag for a young woman (18yrs old) who was waiting for new lungs. She personalized the bag to include an iPad mini which the recipient had always wanted one. The recipient of this bughug has also gained her angel wings now. 
Bag#5 was the first "MENS" bag that I put together...which was kinda hard to do...lol. I didn't know what a guy would like, but the donation I got were great and he received that bag just last week. He had a long & tough recovery but he is released from the hospital recovering and doing good! 
So that leaves us at bag #6...



When I was brainstorming ideas on what I could do to "pay it forward" and honor the gift my Donor gave...I wasn't sure if it would be something I would ever actually see happen. I LOVE sending these bags out to give patients who I know need a little extra love and support. Recovery can be so very challenging and there are even times when I thought "is it worth it to keep fighting..." And I got care packages, cards and so much support and love from family, friends, and absolute strangers...so I know what a care package can do to help people get through the ups and downs of recovery. 
One thing I've decided is to NOT include PC Tablets anymore...instead I have began including workout tracking bracelets like the FITBIT I included in bag #6. It's so important post transplant to exercise and keep our bodies in good shape. I feel like products like the FITBIT encourages a healthy lifestyle of excercise and motion. <3 

So to answer my own previous post "have I done enough?"...yes, well, no there is always more I can do but yes...I am trying to do what I can & I'm proud of that. 

I will continue to put together "BUGHUGS" and find recipients for them...I am hoping to one day create an actual charity/foundation and get sponsors so I can get more bags out to more patients in need. That's my overall goal, but until then I will make a difference one bag at a time. 

3 comments:

Sherri said...

I am inspired by your commitment to pay it forward. When you help even one person, it is worth all the effort. Bless you.

Katy said...

As a recipient of the very latest "bughug" bag I am so honored. This was one of the coolest care packages I received after my second double lung transplant. Each item was so well thought out and I REALLY love the idea of including the FITBIT. I have actually always wanted one and I agree as a post transplant patient it is SO important to keep track of exercise and nutrition. What you are doing is amazing!! I can't thank you and whoever else came together to put this amazing bag together!! I am most definitely going to do my part to pay it forward. It's so refreshing to know there are kind and generous people out there!! <3

Jamie said...

Awe, Thanks Katy
I'm so happy you LOVE it! You are so inspirational and you have shared your story with so many it has really helped raise awareness of both CF & organ donation. Your are truly an amazing and beautiful woman!

Where to start to learn about my transplant!

Thank You for taking the time to read my blog. I am hoping that through this blog and my experiences that I can bring hope, faith and strength to all that may be living with Cystic Fibrosis, CF with Cepacia and Lung Transplant recipients. Information and blog entrees start Nov. 07. My Double Lung Transplant was on Dec. 10th 2007. Please feel free to read about my experience and ask me any questions! My email address is jamiebug77@gmail.com

My Story - Pause Music Player First

Popular Posts

My Testimony

It's hard to put into words how I feel toward my Heavenly Father and the Savior. I have so many reasons to be thankful for what I have gone through & endured. Because of my trials in life I have gained a strong testimony of Faith. I have always had Faith in the Lord and in Prayer. As I faced the decision to get a double lung transplant I had to rely on faith to make the choice.....By listening to the spirit, I was guided to Pittsburgh where my life was saved. I believe prayers are answered. I have always tried to follow the philosophy of this: If I do what the Lord expects of me, he will give me what I want & need. That has always worked for me. I Believe in MIRACLES..........My life on this earth is a miracle- I prayed on my knees for years to be healed from my lung disease. I knew that through a priesthood blessing (if it was God's will) I could be healed. So many times I thought he would heal me instantly...my faith was tested as I continued to get sick and no cure was in my future. I turned to prayer....I talked to my Heavenly Father, I cried to him and he heard me and he healed me by guiding me to Pittsburgh and guiding the surgeons hands. I learned humility, and thankfulness. I realized that we need others to lean on and we are supposed to strengthen each others testimonies. I learned that the hardest things we'll do are usually the greatest blessings in our life. I was able to experience a lot of things during surgery and I know I had comforting angels in my ICU room. THe Lord knows each of us by name and he will never leave our side. We need to remember to stay close to him and have Faith that he is watching over us. I know this for a fact! I know that following the gospel will bring us true happiness- the world will tell us otherwise, but I know I am truely happy & living the gospel has brought me that. Amen