I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears, behold I will heal thee.
2Kings 20:5

PitaPata Horse tickers

Monday, February 14, 2011

15 Facts

I saw this post on Live.Love.BREATHE and I thought it was a cute idea. So here it goes.

Day 1: A picture of yourself and 15 facts

1- I have never used the Lords name in vain. I actually rarely swear and I do not watch rated R movies.

2- I think my transplant scar is beautiful!!

3- My sister is one of my very best friends. We fought terribly when we were younger, but I love her more than about anyone in this world.

4- I honestly do not remember what my natural hair color is :)

5- I have no tattoos. When I was 18 years old I was going to get one, but I got my belly button pierced instead because it was less permanent.

6- I wouldn't trade anything in the world for the memories and friendships I have from all the summers in my youth at CF camp.

7- I don't care for bologna or mustard. . .but I love to eat just bologna with mustard rolled up together like a little burrito

8- My favorite thing in the whole world is to get my arms and back lightly scratched(tickled). It is something I have loved since I was a very young girl.

9- I have never drank alcohol or coffee, smoked a cigarette or done any illegal drug.

10- I dream bigger than I probably should. . .but I cannot bring myself to stop believing I can accomplish it.

11- I was born on a Friday the 13th

12- My kryptonite is kittens. I would be a crazy cat lady if Bryan would let me. I brought home stray kittens, bottle fed motherless kittens, and even slept in a sleeping bag out on my trampoline for a week with a kitten that had been sprayed by a skunk because I love them so much. 

13- My mother is the most influential person in my life and I owe my health and happy childhood to her.

14- I have only slept with one man in my lifetime and that is my husband.

15- I  have NO regrets in my life.

Okay, so it's your turn. . . . re-post on your blog. A picture of you and 15 facts!


Photobucket  Save a Life...Be Someone's Hero...    
Be An Organ Donor!

2 comments:

Katy said...

Awesome facts! I don't mind at all - I actually saw it on another "cysters" website and thought it was a cool idea!! Hope you are feeling well!

<3
Katy

Anonymous said...

So as I was reading this, I was thinking of all the things I would write if I did this on my blog, and it was funny, because of couple of the things you wrote were pretty much the same things I was thinking! Fun stuff.

Where to start to learn about my transplant!

Thank You for taking the time to read my blog. I am hoping that through this blog and my experiences that I can bring hope, faith and strength to all that may be living with Cystic Fibrosis, CF with Cepacia and Lung Transplant recipients. Information and blog entrees start Nov. 07. My Double Lung Transplant was on Dec. 10th 2007. Please feel free to read about my experience and ask me any questions! My email address is jamiebug77@gmail.com

My Story - Pause Music Player First

Popular Posts

My Testimony

It's hard to put into words how I feel toward my Heavenly Father and the Savior. I have so many reasons to be thankful for what I have gone through & endured. Because of my trials in life I have gained a strong testimony of Faith. I have always had Faith in the Lord and in Prayer. As I faced the decision to get a double lung transplant I had to rely on faith to make the choice.....By listening to the spirit, I was guided to Pittsburgh where my life was saved. I believe prayers are answered. I have always tried to follow the philosophy of this: If I do what the Lord expects of me, he will give me what I want & need. That has always worked for me. I Believe in MIRACLES..........My life on this earth is a miracle- I prayed on my knees for years to be healed from my lung disease. I knew that through a priesthood blessing (if it was God's will) I could be healed. So many times I thought he would heal me instantly...my faith was tested as I continued to get sick and no cure was in my future. I turned to prayer....I talked to my Heavenly Father, I cried to him and he heard me and he healed me by guiding me to Pittsburgh and guiding the surgeons hands. I learned humility, and thankfulness. I realized that we need others to lean on and we are supposed to strengthen each others testimonies. I learned that the hardest things we'll do are usually the greatest blessings in our life. I was able to experience a lot of things during surgery and I know I had comforting angels in my ICU room. THe Lord knows each of us by name and he will never leave our side. We need to remember to stay close to him and have Faith that he is watching over us. I know this for a fact! I know that following the gospel will bring us true happiness- the world will tell us otherwise, but I know I am truely happy & living the gospel has brought me that. Amen